As an Employer of Choice, NRG Services are an innovative industry leader who provide their employees exceptional professional development opportunities and offer a superior range of benefits. If you’ve thought about joining the NRG team with a reputable culture, read on!
About the Company?
NRG Services provides exceptional trade and engineering services to a range of valued clients in the construction, government, civil, mining, energy and data storage industries throughout Australia, and offers electrical, mechanical, air-conditioning, refrigeration, communication, security, construction and facility management solutions to our clients. NRG Services are well positioned and experienced to deliver quality projects of every size and scope with a strong focus on the safety of our people and value performance.
About the role?
We currently have a unique opportunity for a Corporate Accountant to join our team in Toowoomba! In this exciting position, you will take your exceptional knowledge of accounting practices and legislation to assist the operational accounting function for NRG Services. Supervised by the Financial Controller, you will be responsible responsible for a diverse range of duties, including but not limited to:
- Providing financial support to running the day to day operations of the business, and preparing and reviewing financial statements and reports, for monthly, half-yearly and annual accounts;
- Managing and completing the month and year end financial close process, including bank reconciliations, journals and analysing actual performance against budgets on a monthly and annual basis;
- Supporting project cost control and forecasting, month end reporting including analytics and insights, financial modelling, and feasibility
- Supporting the month end reporting process including producing the board report for review with the leadership team;
- Managing business cashflow, bank transfers and payments;
- Managing the asset register including acquisitions and disposals of motor vehicles, plant and equipment;
- Managing Accounts Payables and Receivables, and support staff following up outstanding balances and ensuring payments are receipted in a timely and accurate manner;
Ideally, you will be an experienced and qualified accountant looking for the next step in your career in a commercial environment. You’ll be enthusiastic and positive by nature and use your commercial acumen and common sense to achieve optimal solutions. As the successful applicant, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience preferred and studying towards professional accreditation (CA / CPA) or recently qualified;
- Commercial accounting experience, preferably with a background in public practice;
- Advanced level computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office (Excel), financial software packages, and business intelligence tools;
- Knowledge of JobPac would be advantageous;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Proven ability to build and manage relationships for successful outcomes.
What we offer?
NRG Services believe our employees are our NRG Family and offers a superior range of benefits and employee opportunities focused on supporting healthy, well-balanced people. while fostering a genuinely supportive team culture, and provides the opportunity for ongoing training and development. For your opportunity to be part of a truly diverse, supportive organisation that believes its people provide the platform to its success, apply now or contact email@example.com for more information.