NRG Services is currently seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Safety and Environmental Manager to join our team to help us build excellence. In this exciting position, individuals that are self-motivated, reliable and have an open and honest approach to communication will excel as they effectively lead safety on projects of all different sizes. This position will lead the delivery of strategic Health and Safety initiatives and outcomes by driving safety leadership and injury prevention, and by providing technical advice on all WHS related matters. Importantly, the Safety and Environmental Manager will build and maintain lasting professional employee, manager, and subcontractor relationships to ensure an effective safety culture is achieved.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Vocational or Tertiary qualifications in Safety (minimum Diploma, Advanced Diploma preferred)
- 5+ years practical experience directly involved in safety management on construction projects
- Demonstrated experience in environmental management
- Demonstrated experience in management of rehabilitation and return to work programs
- Extensive experience and knowledge of workplace health and safety and industrial relations regulations and practices applicable to commercial and industrial construction sites
- Demonstrated experience working within integrated management systems and formally accredited quality systems including ISO/PQC/FSC
- Preferable strong grasp of electrical and construction methodologies
- Electrical trade background would be advantageous
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience with Procore preferred
- The ability to work autonomously, and cohesively in a team environment
- Ability to motivate and support positive safety practices with all teams
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
Our diverse works encompass industry sectors including health services, education facilities, commercial construction, industrial facilities, data centres and power distribution facilities, building and energy management systems, processing and manufacturing facilities, pharmaceutical projects and facilities maintenance.
You will be provided with the best attributes of a small team environment with the support of a progressive, well established larger organisation that is passionate about the development of our people. To be successful in this position, candidates will be able to think and act innovatively in complex or challenging situations while focusing on the continuous improvement of the company and themselves.
The NRG employment experience is second to none, with an exciting range of benefits offered to our team members. Our Toowoomba head office has been designed with our employees in mind, and with facilities such as a gymnasium, pool, registered early learning centre and cutting-edge technologies, combined with 10% Superannuation and discounted health benefit plans, we believe we practice what others only preach. Combined with competitive salary packages and professional development opportunities, being part of the NRG team is a truly unique experience.
CLICK HERE to apply for this position.