Integria Health Care Pharmaceutical Warehouse
McEvoy Street, Warwick, Queensland
Darling Downs South West
Completed - June, 2019
2020 MBAQ – Downs & West Region – Commercial Trade Contractor of the Year
NRG Services were engaged by McNab Construction to deliver the combined Electrical and Mechanical package for the new Pharmaceutical Warehouse in Warwick Queensland for their client Integria Healthcare.
The warehouse facility plays a pivotal role in the preparation for manufacturing activities and includes storage for raw materials and finished bulk of herb for Natural Health. In addition, the warehouse includes dedicated spaces for associated activities such as sampling, dispensing, herb cutting and milling, and component wash. The storage area includes provision for the storage of raw materials in various forms and sizes, materials in quarantine, materials requiring temperature control, packaging materials, and retention of goods.
The Mechanical component of the project included:
- 350kw Air Cooled Chiller and chilled water circuit reticulation to various processing areas of the warehouse
- Large air handling units and humidification control
- Heating, fume and dust control
- Co2 install and compressed air systems
- N+1 Refrigeration systems
- Pressure control for ISO class areas including comfort control.
The entire mechanical installation was packaged together with a site wide Building Management System (BMS) driven by Innotech Controls and Majellan operating systems. This allows for full control and monitoring of all associated mechanical systems providing Integria with the ability to trend and capture data from all areas of the facility at any time.
The Electrical component of the project required meticulous planning to co-ordinate operational shutdowns to install new main switchboards and distribution boards on two separate supply authority meters. Electrical works also comprised:
- Detailed underground pit and pipe systems
- Energy management systems linked to the BMS
- Hazardous area and clean room installations
- Detailed cable support systems and reticulation to ensure limited cable entry points and penetrations to the cold room panel
- Energy efficient luminaire installation throughout the facility with a monitored system for the emergency escape lighting
- UTP Cat 6A Panduit structured cabling systems and fibre optic backbone cabling
- Access control systems with door monitoring sensors
- Intercom system including boom gates and control
- Fire detection and alarm system incorporating new fire indicator panels with graphics
- New building occupant warning system
NRG Services were also required to supply and install a cold watch trapped personnel alarm to the freezer and fridge rooms including control panel, battery backup, emergency button and link to the building management system.
All areas within the facility were delivered to meet the pharmaceutical industry and GMP requirements. This includes stringent validation and qualifying processes in order for the Client to obtain their ISO Class 8 accreditations.