South West Hospital Upgrades
Various Locations, South West Queensland
Darling Downs South West
Completed - August, 2018
The South West Hospital and Health Service is a rural and remote public health service providing reliable and efficient services to rural patients across a 310,000 square kilometre radius.
NRG Services were privileged to be awarded a contract with the South West Hospital and Health Service to provide electrical upgrades to five hospital facilities located in Augathella, Cunnamulla, Dirranbandi, Mitchell and Mungindi. The scope of the works included:
- Replacement of four main switchboards with new automatic transfer switch controls
- Replacement of 38 distribution boards and load centres
- Full lighting upgrade to 100% LED fittings
- Installation of new surgical/examination lights
- Upgrade of cabling and power outlets to meet general, body and cardiac protected areas
- Supply and installation of 57 new medical service panels
- Installation of UPS to critical equipment
As the principal contractor on the project, NRG Services engaged sub-contractors to provide demolition, asbestos removal, building, painting and minor civil works across the five-part project.
The upgrades will allow for the hospitals’ infrastructure to operate at 90% in the event of a mains power outage, along with the ability to locally restore power in the event of a fault – providing staff and patients with maximum safety.
The South West Hospital Upgrades followed on from previous projects with the Queensland Health Department, through which the NRG Services team developed the essential skills and knowledge required to complete works in a live environment with minimal disruption and with the staff and patients’ needs in mind.